260 Bedford St. Fall River, MA 02721
Is Your Car Ready for Winter?
We can Help.
- Battery. Have your vehicle's battery inspected by us using professional equipment to ensure it has sufficient power.
- Tires. In areas where snow and ice are facts of winter, now is the time to check your tires.
- Windshield Wipers. Replace old, worn blades, and since our climate is harsh, snow (rubber-clad) blades can be an effective alternative.
- Engine. Get drivability problems such as harsh idling and stalling repaired. It is important to replace old air and fuel filters as well as a faulty positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve.
- Anti-Freeze/Coolant. Make sure the condition, level and concentration (usually a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water) of your vehicle's anti-freeze is appropriate.
- Fuel. Maintain a gas level of at least half-full. A full gas tank helps keep moisture from forming and also adds a beneficial weight increase.
- Oil. Change your car's oil according to the manufacturer's recommended intervals. In extreme conditions, switching to synthetic oil, which is less susceptible to thickening, can be advantageous.
- Heater/Ventilation/Air Conditioning. In order to drive safely and comfortably, your vehicle's HVAC systems need to be in good working condition to keep the cabin dehumidified.
- Lights. Inspect all lights, replace burned-out bulbs and clear any grime that has accumulated on the lenses.
- Exhaust System. Your vehicle's exhaust system should be inspected for leaks.